RECRUITS ENTERING 2017
- Lourim to Run for UC Santa Cruz. St. Francis Catholic High School News, April 12, 2017.
UCSC ATHLETICS FUNDING REFERENDUM
- UC Santa Cruz Athletics saved by Measure 68 passage, Santa Cruz Sentinel, June 1, 2017.
OUTDOOR TRACK, SPRING 2017
- UCSC Track & Field Program Unveiled at Kim Duyst Invitational, March 04, 2017
- Colosi Sets Freshman Record at Johnny Mathis Invitational, February 25, 2017
- Track & Field competes at Johnny Mathis Invitational, February 24, 2017
- 2017 UC Santa Cruz Men’s Track and Field Season Outlook, January 26, 2017
2017 UC Santa Cruz Women’s Track and Field Season Outlook, January 19, 2017
CROSS COUNTRY, FALL 2016
- Colosi, McClish Run in National Championships, November 19, 2016. Youthful Slugs join the nation’s best.
- Banana Slug runners dominate Association of Div. Three Independents end-of-season honors, November 18, 2016. Jamey Harris named Women’s Coach of the Year for third-straight year by his peers.
- The Association of Division III Independents: Naming of 2016 All-Independent Men’s and Women’s Cross Country Teams. Paul Colosi named male runner of the year and rookie of the year. Jordan Rich named women’s rookie runner of the year. Coach Jamey Harris named women’s coach of the year for third year in a row.
- Banana Slugs Men and Women Finish Seventh at NCAA Division III Cross Country West Regional, November 12, 2016
- NCAA Cross Country: Slugs poised for West Regional race, Santa Cruz Sentinel, by Jim Seimas. 11/11/16. “When Jamey Harris took over the cross country program at UC Santa Cruz … ago, he faced an uphill battle getting some of his runners to buy in…”
Cross Country hosts Banana Slug Invitational, October 28, 2016
Women 2nd, Men 8th at Bronco Invitational, October 15, 2016. Slugs scare nationally ranked NAIA team. McClish records 4th fastest 6K in school history.
Cross Country teams earn Regional Rankings. October 06, 2016. Women hold at #6. Men enter at #8.
Slugs Sweep Weekly Cross Country Awards, October 06, 2016. McClish and Williams earn Association of Division III Independents Runners of the Week
Banana Slugs Participate in UCR Invitational, September 17, 2016
Banana Slugs open season at Argo Invite, September 03, 2016
RECRUITS ENTERING 2016
- Santa Cruz Sentinel: Local Roundup: Former All-American Klech joins UCSC coaching staff, August 31, 2016. “David Klech, a two-time Gatorade California Boys Track & Field Athlete of the Year and also the National Athlete of the Year in 2006, joined the UC Santa Cruz track and field and cross country coaching staffs as an assistant, the school announced.”
- Track and field: Espinoza lands full [Cal State Fullerton] scholarship, Santa Monica Daily News, June 3, 2016: “The UC Santa Cruz track and field and cross-country programs will receive a trio of Samohi seniors in Geneva Carter, Jonathan Trinh and Antonia Fuller. The local athletes will hone their skills under coach Jamey Harris as they contribute for the Banana Slugs in Division III.”
OUTDOOR TRACK, SPRING 2016
- Yamaya Wins 800 Meter Run at the Chico Distance Carnival, April 08, 2016
- Marquardt, Smail Earn Top Marks In San Francisco Distance Carnival, April 02, 2016
- Slugs Break Two School Records at the American River Invitational, March 26, 2016
- Banana Slugs Finish 22nd at Kim Duyst Invitational, March 05, 2016
CROSS COUNTRY, FALL 2015
- City on a Hill Press: Running at Lightspeed, June 11, 2015. “Cross country head coach Jamey Harris admitted that Carmichael wasn’t the most talented athlete when he joined the team his freshman year…”
- NCAA D3 Cross Country Team Academic Awards – 2015
OUTDOOR TRACK, SPRING 2015
- Devlin Leads Banana Slugs at West Coast Last Chance, May 09, 2015
- UC Santa Cruz Participates in 21st Annual Steve Scott Invitational, May 02, 2015
CROSS COUNTRY, FALL 2014
- UCSC XC Season Update: Newsletter Issue 2, Nov 12, 2014
- UCSC Track & Field on Athletic.net
- UCSC Cross Country on Athletic.net
- UCSC NCAA Track & Field Team Giving Day Wall. Raised $4885 from 61 gifts. Thank you!