University of California, Santa Cruz sponsors varsity Men’s and Women’s Track & Field, competing in the NCAA at Division III. The Women’s program started in 2012 with the Men’s program being added in 2015. The 2017 season was the first year that the program expanded to cover all event groups.
Jamey Harris has been Head Coach since the summer of 2014. Assistant Coach David Klech was brought on board during the summer of 2016 to coach sprints, hurdles, jumps, and multi-events. Klech has also temporarily taken over coaching throws since March, 2017. Paul Friedenbach provides pole vault coaching for the Banana Slugs.
An impressive recruiting class will join the program this fall, making Banana Slug Track & Field increasingly more competitive, both within the NCAA’s West Region and on a national scale. Moving into the future, the varsity Track & Field program at UC Santa Cruz is expected to become one of the top programs in the Region and compete for national recognition.
Learn more about our program:
- Coach Jamey Harris – UCSC official bio
- Assistant Coach David Klech – UCSC official bio
- UCSC Athletics Website – Track & Field
- Recruiting questionnaire
- UCSC Track & Field on Athletic.net
- UCSC NCAA Track & Field Team Giving Day 2017 Wall. Raised $4885 from 61 gifts. Thank you!
- UCSC Track & Field and Cross Country on Runnerspace